At Colorado Sign Systems,we believe there’s no such thing as too much information. The more you know from your sign company, the more confident you’ll be that your project is completed as promptly, reliably, and professionally as possible. To begin the process, we have prepared the following steps so that you know exactly how to begin and what to expect along the way.
When you place your initial call to CSS, one of our professional representatives will set up a consultation with you so that we can establish your indoor or outdoor signage needs, gather and exchange information, and conduct an initial site survey. During this time, we will also execute a code check with the local jurisdiction. Prior to this meeting, it’s important that you complete a little bit of homework on your own – take a look at the commercial signs around your location, as it will give you an idea as to what type of signage is allowed in your specific jurisdiction. It’s also a great idea to take photos of designs or methods you see that you either like or dislike. Having a solid idea of your signage needs early on in the process can greatly impact the turn-around time of the initial quote. It is also essential to think through your budget so that your Account Manager can take those needs into account as well. Your dedicated Account Manager will be responsible for the coordination of your sign project and will keep you informed during each step of the process. We understand that timely, open, and honest communication is a must every step of the way.
In this step, CSS will provide you with a quote using any artwork, samples, or specifications pertaining to your specific project. A follow-up meeting will then be scheduled to ensure that it is time to move forward into the next phase of the project.
QUOTE: We strive to provide you with the best possible prices. On average, you can expect a 3-5 day turnaround time for a basic quote. If the development of artwork is required, the quote time will increase.
ARTWORK: Any necessary artwork or drawings will be produced including specifications for materials, colors, fabrication, engineering, installation, etc.
SAMPLES: Upon your request, material samples can be provided to aid in your design and fabrication decisions.
At this step, your Account Manager will move forward with the execution of the project. The following steps will give you a better understanding of what to expect during this exciting phase!
1) Approvals – All project proposals must be approved. This includes approvals as necessary by the landlord, property management, design committees, etc.
2) Signed Documents – When acceptance of all proposed terms by both you and Colorado Sign Systems is reached, all documents pertaining to your specific project will need to be signed. These documents usually include, but are not limited to, quotes, artwork, maintenance agreements, etc.
3) Deposit – Colorado Sign Systems requires a deposit of 50% (unless a different amount is approved) of your total sign quote to begin your project. The balance, permitting fees, and any applicable sales tax are paid upon completion.
*We accept ALL major credit cards.
4) Permits – After approvals, signed documents and deposits have been received by Colorado Sign Systems and, if required, CSS will obtain a permit for your project. The permit acquisition process, on average, takes a week to 10 days. The necessity for a permit varies and is subject to requirements governed by each individual jurisdiction. In some cases, additional conditions may be required on a case-by-case basis.
5) Fabrication – When all the above conditions have been completed, fabrication begins. Fabrication time can vary significantly from project to project based on materials, the complexity of design, the size of projects, etc. Your Account Manager will provide you with a qualified estimate of fabrication time required for your specific project.
6) Installation – If you have chosen to include installation in your sign package, coordination will have already begun on items such as electrical, concrete, masonry, and/or excavation work. At this time, you will work with either the Project Manager or your Account Manager to schedule your sign installation.
At CSS, our quality and dedicated service do not stop with the sale. To guarantee the best possible return on your sign investment, we also offer service/maintenance agreements as well as perform random, on-site quality control checks to ensure that the signs are functioning to the highest standards. We look forward to serving you and hope you will contact us for all your future signage needs.
“I consider it a pleasure to offer this letter of recommendation for Colorado Sign Systems. They have proven time and again to be a company that I enjoy doing business with and they are my first and only choice in their market. They conduct business with a strong commitment to integrity, which can be seen across every employee in the company, in all departments I have worked with (installation, permitting, estimating, project management, & the owner). Colorado Sign Systems has earned their standing as one of the best sign contractors in the country, and I am excited to recommend them to you.”